Friday, December 21, 2012

5 Days of Christmas Poetry~Day 4


A Child's Song Of Christmas

 Marjorie L. C. Pickthall


My counterpane is soft as silk,
My blankets white as creamy milk.
The hay was soft to Him, I know,
Our little Lord of long ago.

Above the roofs the pigeons fly
In silver wheels across the sky.
The stable-doves they cooed to them, 
Mary and Christ in Bethlehem.

Bright shines the sun across the drifts,
And bright upon my Christmas gifts.
They brought Him incense, myrrh, and gold,
Our little Lord who lived of old.

Oh, soft and clear our mother sings
Of Christmas joys and Christmas things.
God's holy angels sang to them,
Mary and Christ in Bethlehem.

Our hearts they hold all Christmas dear,
And earth seems sweet and heaven seems near,
Oh, heaven was in His sight, I know,
That little Child of long ago.
Source
Always Blessed,
Gretchen :)



Possibly Linking With:
Cornerstone Confessions




 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Gretchen,
    I left you a reply to your kind comment. I wanted to visit you anyway, so I cut and am pasting it here!
    "I lift up my prayer for you tonight, dear one, and thank the Lord your husband can still be the leader in your home from afar. May he feel the love and admiration you have for him!! I am working alongside you to shower the same grace on my husband. We can be prayer partners in this!!
    When we are weak, He is strong!! Thank you for sharing, sister. Grace and peace to you and your family…may you have a blessed CHRISTmas!"

    I love your blog and am a new follower! Thank you so much for encouraging me. I am looking forward to getting to 'know' you as a sister in the Lord~
    This is a beautiful post. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am honored! I am also excited to get to know you as well. You are walking a path I see as honorable and I would like to surround myself with women such as yourself. Thank you again!
      I am proud to call you my new 'Bloggy Friend'!

      Gretch :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, ideas, and comments. Let's just keep it respectful, ok?