Monday, November 19, 2012

Cookie In a Cup Amazingness

Amazingness in a Cup


Today I decided to treat the kiddos to a very special Friday night yummy in the middle of the week! I know, I know I'm going all crazy and breaking the rules but sometimes you just need a chocolate chip cookie... IN A CUP!

My eldest daughter, Princess Peony, likes to quote from the movie Wall-E:
 Captain: 12:30? AUTO, why didn't you wake me for morning announcements? Honestly, it's the one thing I get to do on this ship.
[Resets the ship back to morning]
Captain
: Well, good morning, everybody, and welcome to day 255,642 aboard the Axiom. As always, the weather is a balmy 72 degrees and sunny, and, uh... Oh, I see the ship's log is showing that today is the 700th anniversary of our five year cruise. Well, I'm sure our forefathers would be proud to know that 700 years later we'd be... doing the exact same thing they were doing. So, be sure next mealtime to ask for your free sep-tua-centennial cupcake in a cup. Wow, look at that.


My lovely sister and fellow foodie, Rosie, introduced me to the cookie in a cup idea a few weeks ago and I, being the gal that I am, fell in love with the single serving size wonder of chocolate chip cookie all warm and gooey topped with ice cream and ... sorry, drooling yet?

So here is my adaptation of the recipe!

Chocolate Chip Cookie In a Cup

  • Crack one large egg in your favorite coffee mug (or wide mouth pint jar)
  • Add 1/3 cup of flour (I used 1 Tbs of barley flour and the rest AP)
  • pinch of baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 drops of vanilla extract (we like almond extract)
  • 1 Tbs of softened butter 
  • 3 Tbs chocolate chips
Mix together and bake in microwave for 11/2 to 2 minutes. Be careful not overcook. The center will be slightly soft, springy and moist. Top with ice cream and enjoy.


Complete cookie-cake amazingness. Enjoy!

Check out my sister over at as seen through my eyes and be blessed by her amazing photography. 

Always Blessed,
Gretchen :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, ideas, and comments. Let's just keep it respectful, ok?