Thursday, November 22, 2012

31 Thankful Fors



Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
    and keep the vows you made to the Most High.

Psalm 50:14



Looks like we are commanded to be thankful and keep our promises made to our LORD. 

Here are my 31 thankful fors....
  • I am thankful for my children.

  • I am thankful they are healthy, vibrant, clever children that cause all kinds of disturbances and messes in my type A world.

  • I am so thankful I get to homeschool some of my children. 

  • I am grateful the LORD has grown my relationships with my children since I began homeschooling and even through the hard days we are glad we can educate at home. 

  • Thank you LORD Jesus for providing me the courage to say yes and the materials needed for homeschooling.   

  • Thank you LORD for our home. It is too small, the paint is peeling, the windows leak, the basement floods, and the garage is listing a bit to the west but, It is ours. We have made memories here and we have made a life here. It is warm and protects us and although I don't say it often enough, I am thankful for this messy house.

  • I am thankful for our vehicles. Both are actually drivable and that makes my life so much more pleasant,

  • I am so grateful for my husband's job. He works so hard for us and we are blessed because he can support our family and allow me to be home.

  • I am thankful for our luxuries, like internet access and cable tv. They are not necessary but they are so very nice to have.

  • I am thankful for my church family because they are living and breathing God's command to love one another. They are family in all sense of the word.

  • I'm blessed to be given such wonderful friends in which to pray   with and fellowship alongside.  Thank you.

  • Thank you for Your Word LORD. It is my manual for life. I am still amazed at the way You speak to me through it.

  • Thank you for chocolate, coffee, and ice cream.

  • Thank you LORD for providing me the motivation, funding, and knowledge to move our family to a more whole foods diet.

  • Thank you for intrducing me to modesty, LORD. My heart is changing and it is because I finally see I am worthy of respect and love.

  • Thanks for letting the skirt wearing thing be almost painless. :)

  • Thanks for opening doors that should be opened and closing doors we should not be entering into.

  • I'm grateful that you spoke of law tempered with love.

  • I'm blessed to having good health. Thank you LORD.

  • Thanks for the joint pain, it will keep me humble and asking for help.  It will allow me to enjoy every moment that is painfree  with true thankfulness.

  • Thank you for the change of seasons! What a wonderful Creator that He sought to give us beauty so different and yet so divine in each of our changing seasons. 

  • Lord God, Thank you for the Great Outdoors. Thank you for the creatures that crawl, walk, run, slither, swim, gallop, trot, and fly.

  • Thank you for camping.

  • Thank you for my parents and the faith they instilled in me. 

  • Thank you for never letting us 'feel poor' growing up. Help me to teach that to my own children.

  • Thanks for books. For reading. For all forms of the written word which can be used for the enriching of the soul.

  • Thank you for snow days!

  • I'm thankful for my sister and brothers. They are my closest friends.

  • Thank you Lord God for my wonderful husband.

  • I'm blessed that you put us on the same path together and that we can share the burdens and joys found on this journey called marriage.

  • Thank you Lord, For bringing The Hubs and I closer together even though we are for a time living far, far apart. 

 

 So they removed the stone. Jesus looked up and said, “Father, thank you for hearing me."

John 11:41

         

Thank you Lord for hearing me.

Always Blessed,

Gretchen :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, ideas, and comments. Let's just keep it respectful, ok?