Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday's Gifts~ My Shepherd

Psalm 23

The Divine Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;

verdant
 
    he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
    for his name’s sake.

right of way


Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
    I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff—
    they comfort me.

shadowed


You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.

Overflow
 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    my whole life long.

I am Thankful for My Shepherd.....

"The metaphor of the king as the shepherd of his people goes back to ancient Egypt. Perhaps the use of this particular convention is due to the fact that, being stupid, affectionate, gregarious, and easily stampeded, the societies formed by sheep are most like human ones."
~Northrop Frye 

.... because I am often a perfectly imperfect sheep.

Always Blessed,
Gretchen :)
 
All pictures are courtesy of my sister, Sara Rose Nissen.  
Check out her artwork over at  as seen through my eyes. :)



Possibly Linking With:
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it’s Debt Free Mommy here. I’ve just published my first e-book and I’m super excited about it, but I need to get the word out. It’s on promotion right now and free for only 1 more day! If you’re at all interested in a short, week long devotional on clearing fear-based clutter from your life, please follow my link and download it while it’s still free (March 21). Thanks, Tabitha

    http://www.amazon.com/Cluttered-Christian-Fear-based-Clutter-ebook/dp/B00BW7CP8U/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363873596&sr=1-4&keywords=clutter

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, ideas, and comments. Let's just keep it respectful, ok?