Monday, January 14, 2013

An Influenza Vacation

source


Okay so not really a vacation.
More like a forced rest.
An unplanned break.
A rude visitor that just won't leave and interrupts your daily life.

Even though we have taken precautions and washed our hands. We have taken our vitamins and calcium with Vitamin D. I made Sick Tea at the moment we felt a tickle. I managed to fend off numerous sniffles and coughs with our Cinnamon and Honey Remedy. Yet, this was too much.

Since today I can finally sit for more than 30 seconds without coughing (my abs have been getting one heck of a workout) I have decided to let you in on my new 'stay healthy' research which while lying prone on the blow up mattress in my living room I was able to scavenge from my I pod.

1. De-stress. Duh. There is no wonder that I always get sick with some awful something in January. Now it could be that the germs are just more free flying in all these cramped quarters. It could be that we up here are in the shortest amount of daylight during December and January and that takes its toll. But, more that likely it is the stress of the just finished holidays that throw me for an unhealthy balance of stress. Mental note to place this verse in my bathroom mirror and read it three times a day:
27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. ~Matthew 6:27-29
2. Eat Decent. Well we know this. However, do we know that all those splurges in November and December can truly affect more that our waistline? If we are eating less then healthy our bodies will in turn be less then healthy and have a much harder time fighting off potential sickness. Keep the veggies coming! (source)

3. Sleep. Go to bed. Turn off the T.V. and the laptop and go to bed. Get the rest your body is needing and it will fight off those flu strains. Or you can always spend a week in bed with the flu... (source)

4. Thieves Oil. There is a fair amount of research being done to support the use of Thieves Oil in the prevention of numerous maladies and also in the treatment of such illness. We used it to help sterilize the house and bedding as well as on sore muscles and noses. I made my own. This site has all sorts of great ideas and other resources. This stuff is amazing.


So now that I know what to do, I shall go and rub some thieves oil on Princess Petunia and feed Sir Bean and apple. Prince Ray is already in bed with a vaporizer and some eucalyptus oil. My goal: Sleep.

What do you use for staying healthy over the influenza season?


Always Blessed, (even after 7 days of the flu)
Gretchen :)


Possibly Linking With:
Cornerstone Confessions





Wisdom Wednesdays and Link Up
No Ordinary Blog Hop
Frontline Moms Friday Fun
The Welcoming House


1 comment:

  1. So true!! I don't think I have any thieves oil yet but hopefully soon. Thanks for sharing this over at WholeHearted Home this week.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, ideas, and comments. Let's just keep it respectful, ok?